Friday, April 12, 2019

you steal the air out of my lungs, you make me feel it

I got up this morning and wrote before work, which means I accomplished that feat every day this week - for the first time in a v. long time. So, I'm pretty happy with that. However, it may have used the last of my willpower reserves - I was really tired at work today, and the hour and a half that I had to do stuff in the middle of the day was mostly wasted since I wasn't feeling it. It probably didn't help that it was grey and cold and spitting snow; I'm ready for summer to come back and mean it this time, but we're not quite there yet.

So I came home around 4:30, read for a bit, took a bit of a nap, read some more, and ate the rest of some soup that I'd defrosted on Wednesday. I really just wanted to stay in tonight, but it was my friend Natasha's birthday party - she's the whole reason why I'm in my current job, since she's the one I met up with a year and a half ago who told me that my old team was moving to Boulder. So, despite my desire to stay in bed, I put on cuter clothes and drove over to Lafayette. I only stayed for an hour - I didn't want to drink due to both the driving and my desire to get some sleep tonight, which made the dancing a little less appealing. But I talked to some people I know, and that was enjoyable - and met a woman whose name I've heard for a decade but whose path I've never officially crossed, and perhaps we shall be friends now if the desire to grab lunch is still alive when the week starts again.

I was home again by 9:30, read for a little bit, fell asleep with my book on my face, and am now ready to actually go to bed. Yes, I'm officially old - but #noregrets. Goodnight!

No comments: