Monday, April 08, 2019

one shining moment

I had a great day - I got up early and was able to write for ~45mins before getting ready and going into the office. It was over seventy degrees today, so I wore a dress and pretended that it was summer. I had several meetings, but I also had several hours to actually get some work done, which is so unusual that it felt luxurious - and I also took advantage of that time to get some serious stuff done. I had a v. tasty lunch and actually sat in the cafe to eat it, rather than stuffing it down my throat while trying to talk in a meeting. I may have bought a house. And I talked to my parents, texted with [censored], and then worked some more while watching basketball (Texas Tech's loss may have been the only down-note today, but I'm happy for Virginia).

I buried a lede in there - in the midst of an otherwise great day anyway, I think I bought a house. I put in the offer yesterday, got a counter today, and accepted the counter - so the process is underway. I still have to go through inspections and all sorts of other things, but it's still exciting. And bizarre. And totally unlike my life two years ago, when I was hanging out in Bali...but I think this is a good thing. The house is in Denver, so the commute is the only downside - but Denver itself is a major upside, and I'm super excited to move there.

Sooooo - more to come on that when it's actually closer to final. And now I should go to bed if I want to write or do anything else before work in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: