Tuesday, April 23, 2019

sipping on straight chlorine

I'm trying to go to bed right now so I can get eight full hours of sleep - I didn't quite get eight last night, and it wasn't enough to recover from my flight and put me in a better position for today. That said, today was much better than yesterday (at least from not wanting to fall asleep in the office). I got up in time to write this morning even though I had an eight a.m. meeting (which I took from home, since I had time to shower after writing but couldn't get into the office). Then I went to the office and had meetings almost all day, although I had just enough non-meeting time to get a couple of important things done.

I did leave promptly at five, though - I had happy hour / dinner with Caroline. We went to a wine bar in Louisville (which calls itself "/pôr/" because that's fancier than saying "pour"), where we each had a glass of wine and split some burrata and some ahi tuna nachos. My glass of wine was good; I wasn't super impressed with the food, but it was gluten free, so I won't complain too much (and really, it was totally fine; I just expect my nachos to be more nacho-y and less of a bed for a bunch of seared tuna to rest upon).

So Caroline and I hung out for ~2.5hrs, which was a v lovely way to spend an evening. Then I came home, took care of my dishes, did about thirty minutes of day job stuff, and now it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: