Friday, April 05, 2019

let it burn

I'm slowly recovering from the jetlag, but not enough to make today easy. It could have been worse - I had a bunch of meetings, but I also had a bit of downtime, although I squandered some of it because I was too tired to concentrate. I also left the office at 5:30, ate an early dinner at Chipotle (comfort food of champions), came home, and put on my pajamas at like 6:30, so you can guess how tired I was.

As I was crawling into bed with a book, [censored] texted me, so we ended up talking for awhile to make up for the fact that we hadn't talked since before I went to Dublin. I also got a text from a Boulder friend who invited me over for dinner, but since I had had Chipotle and was already in my bed, I (hopefully) got a rain check for Sunday. Then, I spent the rest of the evening finishing THE NAME OF THE WIND - it's a fantasy book that I've had recommended to me by several people over the years, but now I wonder if it was only recommended by my enemies - the first book was great, and I want to read the second, but apparently everyone has been waiting eight years for the third book and now I'm destined to join their ranks. Which is, after all, somewhat ironic since I've taken so long to write my next book...but let's just ignore that fact.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoiler Alert!!!

They call the wind "Mariah"

Sara said...

If that is the surprise twist ending of the third book of the series, I'm going to be super sad.