Wednesday, April 10, 2019

i think she knows

Today was a bit of a weird day. I got up early enough to write for almost an hour before work, which was good. But the day felt ominous - there was a blizzard incoming, but it was raining when I left the house this morning. That switched to snow around late morning, and while the snow wasn't slick, I decided to come home around three and take my last couple of meetings from here.

Unfortunately, I had to spend many hours on financial stuff - both all the disclosures / info for my mortgage application, and some follow up stuff on my 2018 taxes. I found out that I owe a rather crazy amount of money for 2018 - which would have been annoying even in the best circumstances, but is even more annoying when I'm also spending a lot of money on a house. Most of the people I've talked to in both the tech world and the writing world had similar nasty surprises with their taxes this year, so I got to bond over text with a few friends, which I guess was the only silver (more like dirty grey) lining.

Luckily I had some beef stew in the freezer, so I thawed it out and comforted myself with that. I also comforted myself with a glass of wine, and felt proud that I didn't make it five glasses while coping with the tax situation. And I did some laundry and tidied my kitchen, so at least I got some other stuff done.

And now I need to sleep - I don't know whether I'll be able to write tomorrow since I have to be at work at 8:30 and also have to remember to clean off my car. We'll see, we'll see. Goodnight!

No comments: