Sunday, April 05, 2020

bright lights is enticin', but look what it did to tyson

I had the kind of hermity day that I usually enjoy when I choose to do it - and I still managed to enjoy it even though I didn't really have much choice in the matter. I did a ton of stuff around the house, including disinfecting my kitchen, breaking down a bunch of boxes, and generally tidying up across all rooms. I also spent some quality time outside - it was seventy degrees, so I watered my lawn and my perennials, and I also swept off my patio furniture. That enabled me to sit outside while I talked to my parents, which was great. I also took a long walk while talking to [censored], which made me feel pretty calm about things, all in all.

The biggest accomplishment was that I tried a new recipe - I made eggplant tricolore from the Ottolenghi cookbook (PLENTY). Trying new recipes is always a bit dicey, especially when ingredients are at a premium - but this was pretty perfect. You roast eggplant slices, and you top them with fresh mozzarella + a 'salsa' made with a yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, capers, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, etc. And you sprinkle on some cilantro for good measure. This was an amazing dish that would probably be even better if things were in season, and it was the perfect foil for lemon chicken (the Barefoot Contessa's recipe).

But now, I'm falling asleep while I type this, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: