Thursday, April 16, 2020

it's hard to believe such a calamity, i've got too much time on my hands

I was determined to have a better day than expected today. The expectation was that today would be terrible - I have been in a bad mood every time it's snowed during social isolation, and we got several inches today. But even though I stayed up way too late last night working, and so got up this morning still thinking of work, I had a good day. I meditated/journaled, then showered and put on my favorite hot pink sweater, then slogged all day. The hot pink sweater paid off because one of my coworker's four-year-olds saw me on screen and apparently decided I was too cool to actually be someone her mother worked with - yay fashion.

The slogging was real today, but I had a pretty tasty sandwich in the middle (with Fritos! I never buy Fritos to keep in the house, but it's the apocalypse, so whatever). I then ended a little after five and slogged around the house instead - I folded some laundry, changed a lightbulb, tidied up my laundry room, and made a truly excellent spiced chickpea stew. This was a recipe Katie introduced me to - in fact, it was the last meal I ate outside my house (over a month ago), since she made it when I went over there as the quarantine was starting to pick up steam. It's pretty easy and really tasty, and I'm v. glad that I have leftovers to enjoy for the next few days.

When I was finished eating, I cleaned the kitchen, swept the floors, changed into pajamas, and messed around doing a lot of nothing for the last couple of hours. And now I must sleep so I can get through work tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: