Thursday, April 30, 2020

i should be on top but i'm always underground

#sorrynotsorry for not blogging last night - it completely slipped my mind, and I remembered about five seconds before I fell asleep. You didn't miss out - my day was pretty chill, and while I had a ton of meetings I was still able to have a nice morning before they started. I also spent some quality time yesterday evening talking to Veronica, then talking to Katie, then trying on some clothes I'd ordered (why did I order clothes? I'll definitely wear the sweats, but not sure the summer dresses are really gonna get much airtime this summer). Also, in v. exciting news, my Animal Crossing island got up to three stars, so I guess I've got that going for me.

Today wasn't quite so wonderful; I again had a nice morning, and my meetings weren't all bad, and I v. much enjoyed some leftover sweet potato hash with freshly fried eggs for lunch. But my last couple of meetings were frustrating, and so I was beyond done when I finished a little before five. I then vacated my house immediately and braved Home Depot, where I picked up a bunch of bags of mulch, some lawn fertilizer, and a few garden implements. I want to work on my yard and patio this weekend, which requires materials, but I've heard that Home Depot on the weekend is a trainwreck. This seems quite likely based on what I saw - I had to wait to get in, and the people next to me in line were not wearing masks, seemed drunk, and were very belligerent that they just couldn't go in the store.

But I was in and out in twenty minutes, since I'd pre-researched what I wanted to get and so had aisle numbers and bin numbers already written down and could be as efficient as possible. Then I came home and played a bunch of Animal Crossing, while also eating leftover palak paneer and drinking a boulevardier. Yes, this is a coping mechanism, and no, I'm not sorry.

But tomorrow will be much better - I'm taking the day off, and I'm planning to mess around with my yard, give myself some much needed sun and a break from screentime, and then do some socializing to round out the day. Wish me luck with that - goodnight!

No comments: