Sunday, April 12, 2020

I want you back where you belong

Too tired to blog - I accomplished basically nothing today and yet felt v busy and am now exhausted. I did get up and meditate/journal (after sleeping somewhat badly), so at least I did that. Then I spent a ridiculous amount of time getting ready for a virtual happy hour. The theme was France and Italy, and I decided to go full Marie Antoinette. That meant teasing my hair and powdering it, and also doing my makeup heavier than usual. The costume turned out great, if I do say so myself - and it was good for some laughs, especially since the other participants showed up in berets.

So, that was super fun. The happy hour ended up lasting over three hours, during which I drank champagne and then switched to aperol spritzes. Then I had a call with Jen, Joann, and Jane, who were perhaps surprised to see my costume since they definitely weren't wearing costumes. Then I took a nap, showered to get all the powder out of my hair, and relaxed the rest of the night. But now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: