Thursday, April 23, 2020

i can't feel a thing from my head down to my toes

I've hit a wall with being at home. Not that it matters - I'm still here, and will bounce back, and will probably hit the same wall again in a few weeks. But I was feeling super unmotivated with the day job today, which didn't help my mood. I did meditate, journal, and shower in the morning, so at least I tried - but I couldn't concentrate, so I threw in the towel as soon as I possibly could (which was 4pm, which was about an hour earlier than I probably should have ended, but whatever).

However, I did do a bit of stuff around the house - mostly making a rather time-intensive supper, which turned out gloriously. I have the BURMA SUPERSTAR cookbook (a Christmas gift at some point in the last couple of years) - Burma Superstar is a restaurant in San Francisco, for the handful of you who don't live in SF, and they have v. tasty food that sometimes requires an hours-long wait. I've always wanted to dig into the cookbook, but some recipes require ingredients that I don't usually have on hand, and many of the recipes are quite involved.

But tonight I tried the coconut chicken curry, on top of coconut rice, and omg it was delicious. It was all super easy to make - it just took time, because the curry had to cook for over an hour and a half in total, and the chef/author also recommended letting it rest for 20min before serving. But the curry itself was pretty simple - just had to chop up some chicken thighs, dice some onion, and mince some garlic. The rest was just dumping in spices and a can of coconut oil at the right time. So, I'm glad I tried it - I would make it again, and it gives me a strong desire to try other recipes (perhaps starting with a noodle dish that uses a portion of this curry as the base - I promptly froze half of what I made tonight, since it was a fairly large batch and I'll prob want to try that other recipe sometime).

Then I messed around in my living room, and now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: