Monday, April 20, 2020

i will try not to burden you, i can hold these inside, i will hold my breath until all these shivers subside

This Monday was not as bad as previous Mondays, so I'll take it. But I started off tired, since I was up way too late last night for family dinner - I still made it up in time to meditate and journal, but it was a real sacrifice. I then slogged all day, but I stopped at five to run to the Container Store and do a curbside pickup on some stuff for my closet. Since I was over in the Cherry Creek area anyway, I went to the Whole Foods there, where I mostly focused on picking up meat (I am mildly concerned by the stories coming out of the packing plants, so even though I'm well stocked otherwise, my hoarder instincts kicked in).

Then I came home and had just enough time to disinfect and put tings away before reheating some zucchini lasagna, pouring a glass of wine, and having a happy hour with a coworker who is currently on maternity leave. We had a delightful time catching up, and I'm extremely glad that I don't have a newborn. When we were done, I texted briefly with Caroline, and then played Animal Crossing (gotta keep up my makeshift fake island paradise while the real world burns around me). And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: