Saturday, April 18, 2020

always the same it's just a shame that's all

I somehow wore myself out without leaving the house, which I guess is a good thing? I stayed up way too late last night, so I didn't get up an around particularly early - but then I drank some coffee, meditated, journaled, and generally enjoyed my morning. I also made a v. tasty egg and cheese sandwich and organized my freezer, which is a thing I now do regularly due to the apocalypse.

I then spent the afternoon taking care of a variety of tings around the house - mostly organizing my master closet, which spilled over into organizing the guest closet as well. I'd been meaning to do this for quite some time, and I still need to acquire some organizational supplies (mostly for my handbags, which defy organization) - but my closet looks much better and more functional than it did. Of course, since I have time on my hands, I arranged the clothes by color, which was weirdly satisfying. And I vacuumed and dusted the closets before putting things away, which was less satisfying but much more necessary.

At some point in the middle of this project, I chatted with Katie for a bit and discovered that she's also purging her closets this weekend, so we must have hit the same point in our quarantine moods. Then I talked to Terry for quite awhile - it was supposed to be her western wedding today, which means I should be in California on the verge of blackout drunk. Instead, I'm sitting at home, running the cleaning cycle on my coffeemaker, and listening to some soothing music on my meditation app. I did have takeout sushi tonight, so I guess that's somewhat festive? Probably not, but idk anymore.

And now, as soon as my coffeemaker has finished cleaning so that I can set it up for the morning, I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: