Sunday, April 12, 2020

so you used to shake 'em down but now you stop and think about your dignity

I had an extremely lazy day, but I'm going to accept it as par for the quarantine course and move on. I did successfully meditate and journal this morning, so at least there's that. And I wrote multiple pages in my notebook to get back into a fiction project I'm working on, so that's even better. I also talked to Barbara (Colorado Barbara), talked to my parents, and talked to my Aunt B. And I made a v. involved instant pot beef stew that tastes like heaven (if heaven tastes like beef stew).

So, it wasn't all a wash, although I certainly could have done more than this. But it snowed off and on all day, which gave the outdoors a layer of unpleasant coldness on top of the coronavirus, so I had no desire to leave the house. And anything in the house is theoretically useful to do, but doesn't *need* to be done (I've survived this long without organizing my guest room closet, so I can probably last another week without doing it). So, it's no wonder I didn't seize the day and get things done - that kind of attitude will have to wait for another day. Right now, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: