Thursday, April 09, 2020

she can go straight from zero to the fourth of july

Today was a v. good day, especially for days at the end of the world. I got up early so that I could meditate, journal, and shower before starting meetings at 8am - I usually try to avoid 8am meetings because I dislike mornings fairly intensely, but I didn't have much choice for this one.

So I slogged all day, taking a bunch of meetings from the bar in my kitchen. I've been working there for several days as a change of pace, but I should probably go back to my desk tomorrow - the barstool and counter aren't particularly ergonomically friendly, and I don't want to add a destroyed back/neck to my quarantine woes. The meetings were all fine, and I ate the last of my leftover lemon chicken and eggplant tricolore for lunch, so that was v. nice.

By five, I was done, and so I did some stuff around the kitchen before spending some quality time on a video chat with Irish Matt. He was in fine form, and I got to see one of his babies, which was pretty delightful. Then I messed around, and then I cooked some chicken tortilla soup - it wasn't done in time to eat for supper (and I knew it wouldn't be), but I had all the ingredients in the freezer and I figured it would be a good lunch option for the next few days (especially since it looks like it might snow this weekend).

While the soup was cooking, I ate some leftover enchiladas from my takeout lunch the other day. Then I read a few chapters of DREYER'S ENGLISH - I've heard good things about it and it somehow became a bestseller even though it's a style guide. The praise is v. well deserved - the book is hilarious and I'm really enjoying it (although I don't know what he would think of me always abbreviating 'v.', and I haven't gotten to anything that would indicate his feelings on how often I use parenthetical statements (especially on the blog)).

And now, although it's still early, I need to sleep - one more push tomorrow and then another week is done. Goodnight!

No comments: