Monday, October 12, 2020

but I left it way too late, are you stuck in your own ways?

It's Monday, which is never a delight in the apocalypse. However, I tried to make the best of it. I had coffee and journaled before work, which helped to set me up just a little better than otherwise. Then I slogged most of the day, with a long break around lunch to eat leftover thai food and take a walk around the neighborhood.

I took a break around 5:30 to heat up my grill, throw some brussels sprouts in the oven, and grill a ribeye. The steak turned out perfectly, which was pretty delightful (okay, I lied earlier - Mondays in the apocalypse can be a delight if there is ribeye). I also had a twice-baked potato in my freezer, which is another trick I've discovered in the apocalypse - I only have one left, so I'll have to make some new ones soon. Steak + perfectly charred brussels sprouts + twice baked potato + a glass of wine = a v. nice Monday dinner. It also fueled me to spend another three hours answering emails, which is not what I usually like to do, but it had hit the point where I felt like I needed to catch up.

Then I closed my work laptop, managed to stay off twitter, and instead read a few chapters of Padma Lakshmi's LOVE, LOSS, AND WHAT WE ATE, which is fantastic so far. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: