Friday, October 16, 2020

it takes two to make a thing go right

Today was fairly annoying. It started with bloodwork, which meant I couldn't drink coffee as soon as I woke up. Then, as the phlebotomist was trying in vain to find a vein, she casually said that she just does this occasionally to keep her skills up, which explained why it took ten minutes and two attempts to find a vein (luckily she wasn't a digger, but I was worried for a minute). But at least I got to walk to and from the doctor's office, which was a highlight of my morning.

Then I came home, promptly made coffee, had breakfast, and slogged. I had a VP presentation that was fairly annoying (I usually slam dunk them, but this one was not a slam dunk, which made me cranky). I didn't end up getting lunch until two, so it's a good thing my breakfast was late. And I was probably destined to stay cranky if I'd kept working...

But I ducked out for a ninety-minute class/coaching session with Alyssa, which was great. Then I talked to Sara (not myself; a friend with the same name) for quite some time, and that was a delight. And then I generally relaxed, tidied up, and ordered a steak and fries from LoHi Steakbar. Fries are something I have deeply missed during the pandemic, and while these arrived slightly soggy, I reheated them in a skillet and they were still greasy and salty and therefore the best thing ever. The steak was pretty good too, and it went a long way toward restoring my mood.

But now I want to stop staring at screens, so I'm going to read (and possibly talk to [censored] to keep him awake while he drives) and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: