Tuesday, October 13, 2020

heat waves been faking me out

Today was a bit of a trainwreck. I had to start at nine instead of my preferred 9:30, which cut into my coffee / journal time. I had meetings pretty much all day; some of those meetings gave me a headache. I ate some leftover potatoes/chard and some freshly poached eggs for lunch, which was v. tasty, and that was pretty much the highlight of those nine hours.

Sometime in the middle of my last meeting, I heard the sound of pipes banging and assumed it was my neighbor. I was correct, but I was v. surprised to see a text from the neighbor saying that he had blown up my sprinklers. My sprinklers, not his sprinklers. So I ended my last meeting a little abruptly, went outside, and discovered my neighbor attempting to fix my backflow preventer. He'd told me over the weekend that he wanted to spread some grass seed and would text me to turn on my sprinklers when he had done so, which I said sounded great. But when he texted me this afternoon (which I didn't see), he just said he would turn them on - which was bold, since the controls are in my garage. Apparently, he thought the box by my backflow preventer was the same as his (we have a lot of other features in common, since we're each half of a duplex), and so he just turned on a valve there, and that changed the pressure in my system and shot the pressure cap on my backflow preventer way up in the air (luckily he didn't break a window).

ssssanyway I was not particularly amused, but he figured out how to fix it and I didn't have any water in my basement, so it's all good. And since he's mowed literally every time this summer, I'm not too upset. But needless to say, any thoughts I had of clean living were out the window after a crazy day at work + my sprinklers blowing up. So I had a glass of wine, talked to [censored] for nearly two hours, ate leftover steak, and generally chilled out. I also talked to Katie to tell her about our favorite small town lawyer's victory in a chicken-wing-eating contest (only a few of you will know who this is, but if you know you know).

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: