Tuesday, October 20, 2020

enterprising wise men look to the horizon

Today was a little meh - not terrible, but my energy was never quite right and I think I should go to bed asap. I did manage to write before work and it was v. promising. Then I had many meetings, got rid of the boxes I packed last night, ate some beef stew for lunch, etc.

I probably should have done a bunch of work tonight, but instead I slacked off and made garlic chili shrimp - it was pretty fast because the garlic chili paste was already made (I made this recipe a few weeks ago and the sauce results in a double batch, so it was sitting in the fridge waiting for this moment). The shrimpies were super tasty - coated in garlic that had been pureed with oil and a little paprika and turmeric, then stirfried and tossed with some shallots and a bit of jalapeƱo. I served it over coconut rice, and it was a v. easy, tasty, decadent little feast.

Then I cleaned up the kitchen and basically procrastinated until now. And now I'm going to send a couple of work emails and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: