Monday, October 19, 2020

oh i tried diving even though the sky was storming

I'm pretty sleepy and should probably already be in bed. Today was sort of good, sort of stressful; I woke up in time to force myself to write, and the writing was good, and so if I could have just done that for another few hours it would have been great. Instead, I had to slog (after a shower) - I had meetings straight from ten to three-thirty without any break at all, and you will note that that meant I didn't get lunch. I usually don't succumb to the temptation of ordering lunch until Thursday or Friday every week, but I pulled the trigger on my weekly poke bowl (salmon, spicy tuna, seaweed salad, avocado, cucumber, spicy mayo, many other tasty things) today, so I guess I better cook something tomorrow night to stave off further lunchtime breakdowns.

But my meetings were fine, all in all. Then I took a break to run an errand, which involved walking, which was great. I did a bit more work, had a doctor's appointment (nothing wrong except for my stupid stomach and how it chooses to take all of my stress and turn it into a ball of acid gnawing at my insides), then came home and ate some leftover beef stew. Then I spent a truly ridiculous amount of time packing four boxes to get picked up by DHL tomorrow - this has been a very stupid, very boring saga that has dragged on for a couple of weeks, but hopefully everything is correctly packaged and labeled and ready to go. I will be v. glad to get them out of my garage, and to celebrate I ordered some shelves to put in the garage, so I guess garage organizing may be a project for this weekend (although it may snow on Sunday, so maybe not).

Then, it was suddenly nine p.m., but I had to do some work for tomorrow, so I did that. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: