Saturday, October 31, 2020

run along now, don't be glum. get you gone, now, have some fun...don't be long, for the end is nigh

Today was pretty good, all in all. I still didn't sleep super well last night, but my first meeting wasn't until 10:30, so I had plenty of time to tidy things up in the kitchen, take out some trash and recycling, shower, etc. and still get some work done before my first meeting. Then I slogged until almost six, although I took a short break to walk down the street and pick up some cheese and meat from my favorite cheese shop.

I spent my evening doing a virtual wine tasting organized through work - I had gotten three bottles from Ram's Gate delivered a couple of weeks ago and the tasting was tonight. The wine was really good; I wasn't totally in the mood to do the tasting part, since it involved listening to someone talk about wine when I really just wanted to hang out; and I'm glad I have a Coravin, because it meant I could pour half a glass of each and not open the bottles.

So I tasted and sipped while also eating a bunch of cheese. After, I jumped into a side video with a guy I work with and his wife, who were also on the tasting, and that was much more hilarious and my speed. And then I ate some leftover eggplant parmigiana, did some stuff around the house, etc. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: