Saturday, October 17, 2020

girl you look so pretty to me

I had a v. delightful, v. productive day. I decided to get up around when I usually do during the week, adn I spent the morning journaling, tidying up the house, cleaning my back patio, etc. Around noon, my friend Barbara came up from Colorado Springs - we wanted to squeeze in a visit before the weather turns, and I'm glad we did because winter is most certainly coming (and what isn't made unpleasant by cold is rendered challenging because of incessant wildfire smoke).

We hung out for several hours, ate takeout Indian food, talked about books and writing and life, and generally enjoyed each other's company. I also foisted a funfetti cupcake off on her, and I think I've successfully spread the freezer cupcake gospel to another new acolyte. It was great to see her, and I may have had an epiphany about my book, so we'll see.

After she left, I prepped some chicken stuffed with goat/cream cheese and wrapped in proscuitto (which I made a couple of weeks ago) and took them over to Katie's. I also took some broccoli, and we threw all of it in the oven while we enjoyed snacks outside. Katie made Dark and Stormies (Darks and Stormy? Darks and Stormies? Dark and Stormy x2?), and I brought 'baby champagne' (aka sparkling apple cider for the girls) and it was a delightful evening.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: