Sunday, October 04, 2020

that's a fine looking high horse

I got a decent amount done today, which is shocking...not really much writing, but in my effort to procrastinate my way around my current block, I did a bunch of other stuff instead. I woke up at a reasonable hour, did a bit of planning for the week, and did a lot of wardrobe maintenance (mostly hanging, folding, and putting things away, since my guest bed has turned into a spare closet in the absence of any foreseeable guests). I also went on a wine run to restock my supplies in advance of fall / the election / general life events - I hadn't made a wine run since June (other than the occasional bottle at the wine shop down the street) and while the situation certainly wasn't dire, I was basically out of the <$20 bottles that are good for opening and sipping throughout the week and instead had started popping the expensive bottles that were mementoes from wineries and other past lives.

So, I succumbed to my inner hoarder that now worries when I have less than two of anything, and I stocked up. Then I went to the grocery store to grab a few things (mostly produce) for meals this week. Then I came home and spent most of the afternoon talking - I had a videochat with Katrina, then a call with [censored], and then my usual Sunday night call with my parents. Everyone was in good form, and it was nice to catch up with all parties -- never long enough, of course, but I'll take what I can get.

After I hung up with my parents, I immediately cooked for a couple of hours. I made four servings of oatmeal for breakfast this week. I boiled eggs, cooked bacon, and cooked chicken breast for cobb salads (but I didn't put the salads together because I ran out of steam). I also tried a new-to-me recipe for a spicy carbonara pasta by Chrissy Teigen - I was in the mood for carbonara, especially since I was cooking bacon anyway, and this recipe was v. tasty. The spicy part wasn't a joke - it involved three tablespoons of chile garlic sauce, which is about three more tablespoons than I usually put into things. But it was super tasty and I would definitely eat it again, which is a good thing since there are leftovers.

And now I need to go to sleep and get tomorrow off on a strong writing note - goodnight!

No comments: