Saturday, October 10, 2020

you've been dreamless and sleeping for years

I was scribbling some notes in my journal, but I suddenly hit the wall and think I need to go to bed immediately. Today was nice, though; I woke up and spent time with my coffee and cookbooks, debating what delicious things to make this week. I also talked to Chandlord for awhile; neither of us are funny anymore because it's the apocalypse, but we did our best. I cleaned out my freezer and checked up on my supplies. And I ate the last of the chicken breast stuffed with cheese and wrapped in prosciutto - that recipe is super tasty, and I already wish I had more of it in my fridge.

Then I ran a couple of errands - I had to drop off a couple of returns at Nordstrom, and I had to pick up something at Crate and Barrel, so I combined those errands with a trip to the Cherry Creek Whole Foods. They didn't have any eggplant, so the eggplant parmigiana that I thought about making this week may not happen, but I'll see if the farmer's market (last of the season!) has any tomorrow. But I stocked up on some tings, and I'm pretty excited to try some new recipes this week.

Then I came home and was planning to be sloth-filled the rest of the night, but Katie called and invited me over for dinner. Before I went, I had my usual friendship renewal call with Joann, Jen, and Jane; it was more depressing than many of our pandemic calls, which is saying something, but there were some moments of extreme levity (probably seasoned with annoyance to give it its best taste).

Then I went to Katie's, where we ate a lot of Indian takeout, drank a delish rosé, and went deep on the meaning of life. And now I really really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: