Monday, October 26, 2020

blue are the streets and all the trees are too

Today was pretty good, I guess. I didn't get enough sleep, which I'm hoping to rectify soon. But I got up in time to meditate before work, and I washed and dried my hair, and I wore jeans, which are all real accomplishments. Then I worked all day - I had yet another meeting with my VP, but this time it was just the two of us, and the third time is a charm and she didn't yell at me and instead we had a great conversation, so I'm taking the win.

The rest of my meetings were fine, and I took a break around five to do some homework for Alyssa's class + make my first attempt at gluten free bread. I had put the dough in the fridge to rest yesterday, so today I had to preheat the oven and a baking stone (luckily I have one from my grandma), shape a loaf, and bake it. Then I had to let it cool completely, which was hard because it smelled great. I would give it a 6.5 or 7/10 - I would definitely eat more of it, and the crust was great, but the middle seemed slightly too dense or undercooked. Not sure if that's the altitude, the mixing, or something else - but I still have half the batch of dough left, so I'll try again in a few days.

While that was baking/cooling, I ate some leftover pork chile verde and overindulged on twitter. But I pulled myself out and did an hour or so of day job work, which was v. necessary - and now I may crawl into bed with my notebook and do a bit of brainstorming for an offsite that I have tomorrow (maybe not the most relaxing way to end the evening, but better than waking up in the morning panicked because I haven't finished it). Goodnight!

No comments: