Tuesday, October 27, 2020

the simulation just went bad

Today was a v. v. long day, but it was #worthit. I got up early this morning because I had some work that absolutely had to get done before the actual workday started, so I did it while sitting on my chaise and drinking coffee (which sounds decadent, but it was still work). Then I had meetings pretty straight from 9:30am to 9:30pm - I had a couple of hours during the day to get some work done, but I also had a four-hour 'offsite' (definitely onsite, still sitting in the same place I always do) from two to six.

Then I went straight into a virtual event - the big, fun, amazing in-person event(s) that my team plans every year (like last year, when I got to go to Sydney and Berlin) were replaced this year with a virtual event. It started yesterday with an Americas-friendly time, but tonight is the Asia/Pacific time - so I watched it off and on from six to ten (with some other work interspersed). It's been a really good virtual event - and probably way healthier for me personally, since I just watched a few sessions in my kitchen while making chili (instead of flying halfway around the world to work sixteen hours a day and drink moscow mules in random bars). Still, the flying halfway around the world and drinking moscow mules in random bars are things I really miss, so perhaps someday that will happen again.

But it won't happen today - Denver went into stricter lockdown because our cases are spiking. Great.

sssanyway, now that I had done my duty for the event tonight, I need to sleep - the Asia/Pacific session runs straight into the Europe session, so I have to wake up early for the closing ceremony (luckily I already taped my session, but I may want to answer chats, unclear). Goodnight!

No comments: