Wednesday, October 14, 2020

welcome to this one-man show

I didn't sleep at all well last night; I tossed and turned and was mostly awake after five, which made me v. surly. I am usually a champion sleeper, so whenever I don't sleep well, I take it as an affront to my whole way of life. Of course, I still stubbornly stayed in bed until seven, which wasn't great for my morning - I had meetings starting at nine, but I eked out a few words on my story and meditated and had coffee, so it could be worse.

Then I slogged all day - nothing particularly brutal, although I ordered a poke bowl in a #treatyoself moment. I threw in the towel around five; I was supposed to go over to Kelly's, but her husband's coworker has covid, so I decided to play it safe. Instead, I made a shepherd's pie, which took forever (I should've risked covid instead...KIDDING). It was fairly tasty, but shepherd's pie is basically tater tot casserole (but with mashed potatoes instead of tots), and tater tot casserole would have been preferable. However, I made mashed potatoes in my stand mixer for the first time and they turned out great, so at least I have discovered that trick to improve my overall life.

After that, I didn't have much energy for anything else, so I mostly hung out and did nothing - but I did send some info to someone about refinancing my house, so I'll consider that a win if I pull it off. And now I think I'll go to bed and hope tonight's sleep is better - goodnight!

No comments: