Thursday, October 08, 2020

i'll help you carry on

Nothing to report today...it was a pretty brutal slog at work, but mostly brutal for other people and not for me. It all started weird because I had to move four large boxes of stuff from my garage to my front door, remove the old labels, add new labels, and place them outside for FedEx - it was work stuff that had to end up here because the office was closed, and I'm glad to get them out of my garage (and even more glad that they got picked up rather than me having to schlepp them to a dropoff). But still, it was kind of an annoying thing to start my morning with. And then I had meetings pretty much straight through until five (although I treated myself to a poke bowl for lunch).

Promptly at five, I took a break and talked to Irish Matt for awhile - we had not talked in ages and were v. overdue. Then I baked a potato while I did some day job stuff. And then I ate that potato with leftover chicken and broccoli from yesterday. I dallied a bit on twitter, read a bit of the book I'm reading, and generally tried to decompress, but it wasn't quite possible (but all in all, life is fine and I'm not actually that stressed, just a bit fried at the moment).

And now, even though it's relatively early, I think I'll head to bed - goodnight!

No comments: