Thursday, November 24, 2022

can you take me higher? to a place where blind men see

Happy Thanksgiving! I had a v. lovely day, and it was nice to see family (and eat turkey). When I woke up this morning, I stumbled downstairs to take the cream cheese out of the fridge so it could warm up before being made into frosting, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that [censored] was already up and had pulled it out of the fridge for me. However, at this point I was fully awake, so I launched into doing Thanksgiving prep stuff.

For me, that mostly meant making a batch of pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They turned out quite well, if I do say so myself - and this was in spite of my inattention, which meant I had to toss part of a batch because I accidentally added too much baking soda and couldn't rectify the mistake. I cleaned up as I baked, so the kitchen was in good shape by the end - and I also dusted and did some laundry and generally tidied up. [censored] was even more impactful, given the contribution of [censored]'s vacuuming skills, so the house looked pretty good by the time we had to leave to go to the parents' house.

When I got out there, Aunt Kathy and Drewbaby were already there. Kathy brought a pie and some rolls, both of which looked great and neither of which I can eat. But I didn't starve - my mom made a turkey, green bean casserole, corn casserole, deviled eggs, and gravy, and she conned me into making the mashed potatoes (which I am delighted to do, because it is a high honor and a lot of responsibility to make the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes). All in all, it was a v. tasty lunch, which is good since we have leftovers to get through the next few days.

We spent the rest of the afternoon / evening hanging out in various ways - we had some odd/hilarious conversations (including about crypto, which is everyone's favorite topic), watched some sports, etc. We also ate leftovers at some point. And eventually [censored] and I absconded with Aunt Kathy and Drewbaby and brought them back to my house, since they're crashing here tonight.

And now, I should sleep since I need to get up in the morning and make breakfast (and then do a million projects) - goodnight!

No comments: