Friday, November 18, 2022

now your mess is mine

I have returned to the frozen wasteland that is ye olde Iowa, where the temperature is approximately sixteen degrees. Today was entirely devoted to travel - I got up early enough to stand in the usual thirty-minute line for a venti cold brew coffee to get me going, and then I got back to the suite in time to say goodbye to the rest of the crew (Barbara, Anne, Veronica, Grace), who were all on the same flight back to SF. I then spent a couple of hours doing some leisurely packing / showering before vacating the suite and going to the airport.

The rest of my day was entirely boring and entirely uneventful...and other than a twenty-minute delay on my second flight, entirely smooth. I grabbed some food at the Vegas airport, flew to Denver, and killed time at Elway's while doing some writing and eating a salad + some french fries to confuse my body over whether it was getting nutrients or not. Then, I flew to Des Moines, retrieved my bag, put on my coat, and immediately froze on the way to my car.

However, I made it home, said hi to [censored], washed my face, and am ready to go to bed. I'm feeling pretty inspired after the conference, so I want to carry that momentum forward this week - we'll see what happens when I wake up tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: