Monday, November 28, 2022

but i got the tendency to slip when the nights get wild

My kitchen remodel started today (which is why I didn't blog yesterday, since I had a million tings to do to get ready). This is the second kitchen I'm renovating this year, and I have to say I do not recommend doing two kitchens in a year because it's really complete madness. Hopefully I don't sell this house in four months like I did the last renovation...but if I do sell this house, I hope I get as much profit as I did last time (lol impossible).

sssanyway, the guy who is doing my renovation showed up this morning slightly before eight a.m. and immediately started demo'ing cabinets before we even really said hello. He made quick work of most of the demolition, although the bar / island countertop was surprisingly difficult to remove - given how a variety of other things in the house were done, it's astonishing that this countertop was somehow attached to a stud and basically had to be partially removed from the basement side to get it out. Our best speculation is that Marvin insisted on a bar that people could dance on. And now I wish I had made that stipulation, but I guess my guests will just have to behave.

sssanyway again, my kitchen is now completely demolished. The hardest thing will be figuring out the lights, since I want lights in basically the opposite of the current locations, but we'll see what happens. I'm pretty excited so far, but I'm also excited to be done, so fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

So I spent most of the day hanging out in the living room to be available to answer questions while also trying to get a bit of work done. Then I spent the evening researching ideal light placements while eating leftovers and washing my plate in the bathroom sink like a peasant. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: