Monday, November 21, 2022

my bad habits lead to wide eyes stare into space

I didn't blog last night, so you missed the happy (for now) ending to the kitten saga. [Censored] spent some time soothing it in the middle of the night when it got scared/angry from being locked in the bathroom, and its rambunctiousness in the morning led us to conclude that it was ready to return to its tribe. So, we loaded it up in a box and took it back to the parents' house, where we released it on the back porch. It was startled for about three minutes, but then it found one of its siblings and was delighted, and all the other cats seemed happy to see it, so that went as well as it could have gone. We'll see if it makes it through the winter, since feral cats have a high mortality rate, but I'm glad that it made it through its stay in my house and recovered from its earlier near-disaster.

So, after that excitement, the rest of yesterday was a wash - I can't remember doing much, although I made burrito bowls for lunch, and my mom made beef stroganoff for dinner. I then went to bed v. early (for me) and got almost nine hours of sleep, which I apparently needed. Today was mostly good - I meant to be more productive in my office than I was, but I got a bit of work done, ate leftovers for lunch, talked to Alyssa, and then prepped my bedroom closets to paint them. This required pulling out a ton of clothes, removing the bars / shelves, vacuuming / dusting, and then asking [censored] to rip out the shelf brackets. The next step is to repair all the holes in the walls and do some more cleaning before painting, but hopefully I can get through this project this week so that my closets can be fully organized after Thanksgiving.

With that all done, I made some chili for dinner, then watched some youtube videos with [censored] about how to find mysterious sewer gas smells, since my basement occasionally smells and I can no longer fully blame it on my predecessor. And now, I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: