Thursday, November 10, 2022

i can still make the whole place shimmer

Today was pretty good, all in all. I had a couple of video calls, which is a couple more than I normally have - both people I connected with over linkedin (one an old college friend, who spent most of the call telling me I should run for office, and one someone I worked with years ago who wants to write a book). I also did four loads of laundry, ate a tasty cobb salad, ran an errand to pay for my new kitchen cabinets (via check, which is how tings are done here), and wrote for awhile.

At some point, [censored] showed up - and since yesterday's leftovers were a chickpea stew with coconut milk and turmeric, we decided to go to Garden Grove for dinner. They were pretty busy (which is good to see for a v. small town), but my burger sans bun was excellent, as were the cheese curds that I shouldn't have eaten because of the gluten. Then we came home and talked for awhile before I came upstairs to fold those aforementioned four loads of laundry and take care of some other tings before bed.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: