Wednesday, November 23, 2022

love has a cost and both of us lost

I had a nice day getting ready for the days ahead, although there was more on my to do list than I could get done. I made a fast trip to Des Moines to pick up a whole bunch of remodel stuff + parts for a plumbing project that [censored] is embarking upon. This required going to two different Lowe's and a Home Depot, which is three more home improvement stores than I usually go to in a day.

However, everything was smooth and almost all of this was stuff I'd pre-ordered so that I could just pick it up, which made it fast. I also went to the mall to return some things (and buy some other things, of course). And I decided to swing by Whole Foods and was surprised that it wasn't a madhouse inside, so I picked some things up for the weekend.

Then I drove home, unloaded my car, and persuaded [censored] to go to the Mexican restaurant to eat rather than just picking up takeout. It's the same food, but the fajitas are even better when they're sizzling. And I made the other giggle by ordering a fresh margarita that is 20oz.... Most of that is orange juice, which I find odd, but preferable to the sour mix they use in house margs. I didn't get as drunk as I would off 20oz of margs at bartaco or El Camino in Denver (and in fact was barely tipsy), so all in all it was fine but perhaps not something I need to order regularly.

Then we came home, I took a break, and then I did some tidying around the house before watching a ridiculous comedy routine with [censored] about a guy who accidentally joined the Russian mob in college. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: