Friday, November 11, 2022

pierced through the heart, but never killed

It is suddenly brutally cold in ye olde Iowa, which is a v. unwelcome development. It didn't get above freezing today, but at least it was sunny for several hours, which was a great improvement for my mood.

So, after snuggling in my flannel sheets, I eventually got up, made tea, took a shower, and settled in to get some tings done. I did write for a few hours this afternoon - everything still feels a bit like molasses, but it felt good to get into the story for awhile. I also did some stretches and kettlebell swings, so today felt like a win. And I tried on a bunch of outfits for the conference I'm going to in Vegas next week - I have no idea what to wear, and also no idea how much to pack, but I think I'll figure it out.

Eventually, [censored] and I went out to our parents' house for supper - my dad had smoked some pork earlier in the week, and my mom made scalloped potatoes and baked beans, and it was all pretty delicious. And now, I think I shall go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: