Saturday, November 26, 2022

now i'm falling down through the crashing sound

I had an unusually productive Saturday, despite staying up way too late last night. I got up a little before nine, made some scrambled eggs for me and [censored], and then showered and threw on some clothes so that I could go with my mom to a local craft fair. It was at the main building in town (which has a big open space + a stage and a kitchen, and is also the fire station and the library), and there were quite a few people there, which was great to see. We did a loop of all the vendors, and I knew approximately half of them; we also ran into a bunch of people, which is what happens in #smalltownlife. Then I did a second loop and bought some stuff - a hollowed out log with lights in it, and couple of pieces of Christmasy decor, and a very cute small wreath from Gloria (who was one of the reasons we went). All in all, it was a nice excursion, and it was good to see so many buyers and sellers.

Then we came back to my house and my mom went home; I unloaded, messed around for a little bit, and then spend the afternoon painting my closets. It went pretty quickly, all in all, and I don't think I got any paint on my carpet, which was my primary concern. I almost didn't bother painting, but the closets were scuffed up in places, so a fresh coat of white paint really helped to improve the situation. It should be dry by tomorrow, and then I can install closet organizers sometime this week so that I can hopefully proceed to the next phase of making my house a delight.

At some point in there, I took a break to talk to Aunt B, which was nice. I wrapped up around six, and then [censored] and I ordered pizza and drove into the other town to pick it up. It was quite tasty, and it put me in a mellow enough mood to watch some 'Family Guy' without complaint.

And now, I really need to go to bed - I have to clean out my kitchen tomorrow, and while that seems like an easy enough task, I assume it will take longer than planned and I don't want to get a late/tired start. Goodnight!

No comments: