Monday, November 14, 2022

shut up and put your money where your mouth is

I'm very very tired, but I have arrived in Las Vegas for the first writing conference I've gone to in years and years. Today was mostly devoted to getting ready to go, and then going...I spent the morning packing (and drinking coffee, and watching some SNL with [censored]). Then, I drove to Des Moines, which was nice - and I worked out some book plot/character stuff while driving, which was excellent.

After checking in and going through security, a grabbed a burger and some substandard pinot noir. My flight was on time, my layover in Denver was brief, and my second flight was also on time. It was still a five hour journey all-in, but I read a book for most of it, so I enjoyed it.

When I collected my bag, I took a taxi to my hotel and reunited with some of my writer besties - I'm here with Anne, Barbara, Grace, and Veronica, so it should be a fun week. The conference is entirely focused on self publishing, and it's bizarre because I've been out of the game for a bit, but I'm hoping this will help me get up to speed. And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: