Tuesday, November 15, 2022

get up and shake the glitter off your clothes now

I'm exhausted due to lack of sleep, but I had a great first day in Vegas. The conference isn't really going yet, so I grabbed some coffee in the morning and hung out in our suite until it was time for our brunch plan. We went to a biscuit place in the Cosmopolitan that unfortunately wasn't good for gluten free... So when I realized that the eggs alone weren't going to be enough, I got some rice and spicy pork from the Momofuku-adjacent place next door. That dish made this entire trip worth it, so I was delighted.

Then we checked in for the conference and wandered around the vendor displays. I left quickly because I'd booked a massage at the Aria, and I'm glad I did because it was amazing. The massage itself was pretty good, but even better were the steam rooms and hot tubs, which I indulged in before and after. If I got really rich, I would have a steam room/ hot tub/pool-type complex, but for now I'll settle for remodeling the prison shower in my basement sometime this winter.

Then I came back to the hotel and several of us went out for Mexican, followed by tequila-influenced shoe shopping and a surprising amount of discussion of sports. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: