Tuesday, November 29, 2022

may the last one burn into flames

I'm pretty tired, but that's probably from decision fatigue - it's stressful to figure out where to place lights in a kitchen, for example, when trying to figure out what's feasible as the holes are being cut. And I'm also trying to figure out what lights to order for certain applications (since I didn't know whether to order pendants until I knew it was possible to place them where I wanted them, for example), and also choose paint colors, etc.

However, beyond all that, things went as smoothly as they usually go during a remodel. I am perhaps more privy to when things don't go as intended than some people are, since [censored] was around today and is much more knowledgeable about things like wiring than I am - which means [censored] was more involved than I would have been if left to my own devices. I really doubt the contractor would have asked my opinion on how something was wired, and instead I would have just found out later whether he was able to get it to work or not. There are a lot of advantages to knowing what's going on, but I was certainly more productive during my Denver remodel, when I mostly left the house all day and ignored all of it.

In other exciting news, my cabinets were delivered this morning, so that step is complete. I also took a walk right before the temperature dropped twenty degrees, so I felt smug about that. My mom stopped by to do a color consult, which was helpful (although we agreed that lighting in the kitchen would be even more helpful). And I spent the evening drawing a diagram of the kitchen lighting to make sure it's all coming together correctly, which was tedious but v. helpful.

And now, I should go to sleep - getting up at seven is cramping my style, but it's the reality for the foreseeable future, so I should probably try to adjust. Goodnight!

No comments: