Monday, November 07, 2022

did all the extra credit then got graded on a curve

I had a lovely day, although I'm trying to remind myself that I don't have to get a million things done to have a good day. I got up in time to make some coffee and take care of a few tings before my usual Monday call with Alyssa. Then, I put together a bunch of cobb salads - I had cooked the chicken and eggs yesterday, but I had to cook the bacon, cut some tomatoes, peel the eggs, and chop the lettuce and chicken before assembling everything. So, I ended up putting together two salads for me and [censored] to eat for lunch (only one of them had bleu cheese, since only one of us thinks that mold is an appealing snack), and then I put four more together in mason jars to eat the rest of the week. Cobb salads are kind of a pain, but I'm always delighted when I have them in the fridge, so I feel v. accomplished.

After that, I spent most of the afternoon working on organizing my office - the broad strokes were completed awhile ago, but my office supplies, files, etc. were still in wild disarray. They're still in some disarray, but things are coming together. I also unpacked the rest of my workout stuff, so I'm getting a better sense of how I want to lay out my upstairs space.

At some point, I took a walk so that I could drop off the payment for my water bill (#smalltownlife = no way to pay my water bill online), and then I ate some popcorn and chilled. I also bid farewell to [censored], ate some leftover spaghetti, and then did more office work until now. I have grand plans to do something other than organizing tomorrow, but we'll see whether I accomplish them.

And now, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: