Friday, November 18, 2022

that's what you get for waking up in vegas

I had an excellent final day at the conference - I got up and stood in the interminable line for Starbucks, then did some work in the lobby before coming back to the suite. I didn't go to the conference center because it's a twenty minute walk each way, but they did an excellent job of livestreaming everything, so I watched several sessions from my bed. Everyone else in our group had a similar idea, although some people went for a couple of hours. But this meant I could grab an easy lunch with Anne at Chipotle rather than standing in line at the conference hotel, so this was a delight.

At some point I took a long nap, and then spent some quality time in the living room. We all grabbed an early dinner at a Gordon Ramsay burger place that was surprisingly excellent, and then we took an Uber to the Sahara to see the Magic Mike live show. It was actually pretty well done in terms of storyline and production value, and some of the dancers were excellent. And if that wasn't your thing, the drinks were good too. It was a v entertaining way to end the trip, so at least we went out on a high note (with one minor problem, which is that Ginuwine's song "Pony" is now stuck in my head).

Then we came back to the hotel and I should have packed, but instead I talked to Anne and Grace until midnight. So, I'm going to sleep and address my packing problem in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: