Tuesday, November 22, 2022

my feet are still sore, my back's on the fringes

I had a good day stocking up on things in preparation for the apocalypse, which is what I always feel like doing when winter is coming. I spent the morning mostly buying / ordering stuff online for my remodel - fun things like towel bars, which are both easy and impossible to pick out. Then I had lunch and chatted with [censored] before running to Walmart (in the next town over) to pick up some necessities. I was mostly driven by the desire for gluten free bread, since I see a lot of sandwiches in my future while my kitchen is torn up. But I got a bunch of other stuff, and I mostly ignored the fact that Walmart is basically the best grocery store in the area (if you don't want to get meat).

Then I came home, put everything away, took a break, and then made supper. I went a little fancier than usual because I actually made the red pepper and chipotle aioli that the Barefoot Contessa recommends eating with her roasted salmon - it's delicious and easy, but it takes just enough extra time that I usually don't make it. But I threw it together, and then I roasted some baby potatoes, some broccoli, and several salmon fillets. This is all about as easy as dinner can be, since you just slather everything in olive oil and salt and put it in the same oven at slightly staggered times. The only trick is remembering to thaw salmon before you want it, but then not changing your mind and ordering food instead of cooking the thawed salmon.

So, tonight's meal was a success. And then I was going to do some spackling in my bedroom closets to prep for paint, but instead I watched a couple of comedy specials with [censored], which was #worthit. And now I must go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: