Sunday, March 12, 2023

always on trial for the thoughts in my head

I'm exhausted and so full that my body wants to run away and never eat again, but I had a good day during this weird 'celebrate Heather's birthday without Heather' weekend. Luckily, Heather did join us after lunch today, but Salim stayed home to recover. Unluckily, she missed the only good weather day of the trip, since it will likely rain all day tomorrow. But I'm really glad she made it here and that we'll get to celebrate her birthday tomorrow (actually, today, given how late it is).

I relaxed this morning, drank some coffee, and made some quick and uninteresting scrambled eggs for me and Michelle to keep us from dying while waiting for lunch. Then, the seven of us who were here last night went to the Tillamook Creamery visitors' center - we got to see the production line for cheddar, where they make massive quantities of cheddar 24/7. The self-guided tour was really cool, even if it did feel like we were in a zoo where the animals were humans + 40lb blocks of cheese.

However, we mostly went to eat - we had lunch at their cafe, and I had a cheeseburger with a side of fried cheese curds. I should not have had this because a) gluten and b) difficulty stopping eating until they're all gone, and in this case the basket was particularly large. But lunch was delicious, even if I was so full that I willingly skipped the ice cream that everyone else got.

Then we came home, said hi to Heather (aka dear respected madam), and I took a nap. I did go for a quick beach walk sometime this afternoon - it's all unbelievably picturesque. Eventually we all went to Tillamook for a birthday dinner reservation at a Mexican place - it was tasty, and I enjoyed the convo at my side of the table.

Then, after driving home and losing some Cards Against Humanity, I nursed some wine while talking to people for awhile....but now I'm feeling a v. strong urge to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: