Wednesday, March 01, 2023

bounce back when i lost, scraped off all the rust

I was pretty productive today, despite sleeping in (but maybe I should stop saying that I'm sleeping in and start acknowledging my natural state). I got up at a reasonable-for-me hour, made some coffee, and drank it while reading some newsletters. I also talked to my mom, who caught me in the sweet spot between when I was awake enough to be coherent and when I lost coherency due to writing too much.

After I talked to her, I wrote for a couple of hours, and it felt great. Then I ate a late lunch, had a quick video chat, sent some emails and other tings, and took a walk to the post office and other areas since the weather was really nice today. This place would be a million times better if I didn't have a mud season and get grey for several months in the winter, but I think I'll survive.

Then I came home, cleaned my kitchen, did some laundry, ate leftover salmon, and finally took down my Christmas tree. Yes, it's March, but at least it's not April. I'd left it up for family Christmas in February, and then was too busy getting into the writing groove to take it down, but it felt like it might be time. So, that chore is duly accomplished, and now I can think about other ways to decorate the house now that the kitchen is done.

Eventually, [censored] showed up, so we talked for awhile, and then I came upstairs, folded laundry, and procrastinated instead of journaling like I had planned. So now I'm going to close my laptop and either journal or go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: