Sunday, March 05, 2023

the only thing that waits is overconfidence

I overslept today, but I'm okay with that - according to my fitbit, I've been getting the most sleep that I've gotten in years, which I assume is good for me? And since I'm about to head off for a couple of weeks of fun in the fog (thanks for being a cold vacation destination, Pacific Northwest/Bay Area), sleep is probably a good thing to bank right now.

Anyway, I overslept, but then I rallied, made some coffee, and made brunch for me and [censored]. We ate it while watching SNL as per usual, and as per usual it was pretty iffy - the guest host was one of the Kansas City Chiefs players, and he is most certainly not an actor, but a couple of the skits were funny enough.

Then I spent the afternoon procrastinating a bit, but I did manage to write about seven pages of my weird novel, so I'm happy with that. Then, I ate some leftover chocolate cake before making dinner - I don't do well with dessert at night, but I feel just fine eating cake before dinner, I guess. I made the usual chicken burrito bowl, but I added andouille sausage just to spice it up, and it was pretty tasty.

Then, I messed around on my phone, cleaned the kitchen, came upstairs, painted my toenails (which were looking pretty dire thanks to the lack of vanity-catering services around here), messed around with my manuscript for a bit, sent some emails, and started my packing list for my trip. And now, I need to sleep so that I can get a bunch of stuff done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: