Thursday, March 23, 2023

i can still make the whole place shimmer

I had a v. lowkey day in the city of sin - in fact, there was barely any sinning, which seems like a waste. I got up, did some various tings, did some stretching, and treated myself to lunch at MyMy. I went there last week too, but I liked what I ordered today much better - their chorizo scrambled eggs with corn tortillas were exactly what I wanted, even if my body is starting to beg me for some water or lettuce or something.

Then, in an effort to stay out of the house (due to construction noise), I wandered amongst coffee shops. The first one was v. tasty but not conducive to working. The second one was Saint Frank, on Polk Street, which is one of my old haunts from when I used to live here. Kathia and I used to meet in their upstairs area at 6:30 or 7am before I would get on a shuttle to Mountain View - but now their upstairs area is closed, and Kathia is gone, and I no longer work for the man, so all of that has changed completely. However, I did get some good work done, and their iced latte was as good as I remembered, so that was a bittersweet delight.

Then, I wandered down Polk Street and stopped in at Amelie for a quiet glass of rosé and some more writing. I had a major breakthrough (I think) in the story while I was sitting there, so I'll take it. After I wrapped that up, I grabbed dinner at a Thai place, which was v. tasty. And then I came back to Chandlord's, curled up in my nest, and took a nap. Eventually, Chandlord showed up - we had discussed going out for a drink, but instead we hung out in her house and talked for a couple of hours.

And now, I need to sleep - I have some relocation plans for tomorrow, which means I need to get up and get organized. Goodnight!

No comments: