Tuesday, March 28, 2023

all night long, writing poems to california

I am firmly in my melancholy liminal space between California and Iowa, not quite ready to leave and oh so ready to go. Today was designated as a transition day - I purposely kept it mostly free of commitments so I could begin the transition between worlds.

I did get up in time to say goodbye to Chandlord before she went to work (and verify that she still somehow doesn't like Sahara even after sleeping on it). Then I packed up and ran to Silk to get a last minute manicure - they were able to fit me in, and now my nails are vanity-approved for another couple of weeks.

After that, I went to Burlingame and had a v excellent poke bowl at a new-to-me place, did some window shopping, bought a notebook, and grabbed a last cup of coffee from Philz. Then I checked into my hotel and spent the afternoon catching up on various work and other things.

In the evening, I indulged one social plan - I met up with Kristen, who is a strange combo of my friend, my former employee, and my friend Barbara's daughter. At this point she is mostly just my friend, and I was happy to see her - we had a lot to catch up on, so I'm glad to have ended the trip with her. Then I came back to my hotel and journaled at the bar, and now I'm ready to get on with tomorrow's travel. It's been a fantastic trip, but I'm ready for some hermiting in my own bed. Goodnight!

No comments: