Sunday, March 26, 2023

life is sweet as honey

I escaped the city of sin today (after an early morning chat with Chandlord, and an Uber to retrieve my rental car, and a stop at Philz Coffee) to rusticate in the countryside... And by that I mean hang out in the reasonably large city of Tracy, California. My friend Joann (of Bora Bora / spinster honeymoon fame) has a house here, so Joann, Jen, Jane, and I had a friendship renewal sleepover.

We mostly spent it snacking (excessively), drinking (moderately), and cooking. Jen requested that I make some of the stuff she's seen in my Instagram, and so I made tater tot casserole and apricot jello salad. These proved to be a hit, so now they may be somewhat more convinced to visit me in Iowa, which would be highly entertaining.

We also took a long walk, watched some music videos, and caught up on life, so all in all it was great. But I'm exhausted from yesterday's double dinner situation, and I have to go hard socially for one more day, so I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: