Friday, March 24, 2023

die old in the middle of the night

I had a v nice day, mostly outside the city of sin. My peregrinations have begun, and I'm stringing together visits to people outside SF, so I spent the morning getting ready, packing, and then picking up a rental car at SFO. Thanks to the points/status games, my normal rental got upgraded to a hot Audi two-door sedan, which is a v welcome development - it's not even the Audi that is exciting, but the fact that I got a rental with California plates and an enclosed trunk, which makes it slightly less likely that the car will be broken into when I'm in SF.

So, I drove my hot Audi to lunch at Barbara's house - I needed to see my writer friends, and I had a v lovely afternoon with them. Then, I continued on to the Shedletskys' house, where Bride of Shedletsky (aka Tina) made tasty enchiladas and we drank most of three bottles of wine. Their kids are entertaining, and we had a fun evening talking about all the usual topics (travel, kids, AI, etc).

And now, I need to sleep so I can be in it to win it tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: