Saturday, March 04, 2023

when your feet make tiny imprints in the snow i lose control

I was a little too lazy today, but I think I'll survive. I spent the morning procrastinating and then watched the Iowa State / Baylor game with [censored] - I was not expecting good things, but ISU actually won pretty handily, so that was exciting.

Then I took care of some stuff upstairs and checked a few things off my to do list, showered, and spent some quality time making a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. This was a new-to-me recipe from a gluten free baker whom I've been wanting to experiment with, and it turned out really well. It would have been even prettier if I knew where my round cake pans were, but I did not, so I made a 9x13 rectangle instead. The frosting was a real winner, and the overall cake gave me the hit of chocolate I've been craving (which is unusual, since I could usually ignore desserts entirely).

So, I baked the cake, frosted it, and then [censored] and I picked up Mexican takeout and took it + the cake to the parents' house. Apparently my dad had almost texted me today asking if I could make cookied, so the cake was a v. welcome surprise. We had dinner, ate some cake, and then I came home and contemplated the book in my subconscious while procrastinating consciously. And now, I'm going to scribble down some notes and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: