Friday, March 31, 2023

a gravy train with biscuit wheels

I had a pretty good day, all in all, but any day is a good day when you don't get hit by a tornado. I had a doctor's appointment this morning, which meant foregoing my immediate coffee, but I somehow survived. Then, I stopped by Nancy's office to talk about mural stuff - we opened artist registration today and had to nail down a couple of final details. So far so good, although now we have to figure out the million other things that need figured out this spring / summer - but there's time.

Then, I came home, did some final touches on the artist registration page, and ate a leftover burrito bowl when I realized that I was starving. Then, [censored] and I battened down the hatches - the weather was v ominous and there were a lot of threats of tornadoes and hail, so we put [censored]'s [censored] in the [censored] and then squeezed my car into the garage (the issue is not that we have too much stuff in the garage, but rather that Marvin put stupidly small doors on the garage (*shakes fist*)).

And then, I spent the afternoon messing around with mural stuff while watching nonstop coverage of the storms progressing across Iowa, and also taking a wee nap. We escaped unscathed, although other parts of our county / area got some significant hail and other parts of the state had some tornadoes. I would still rather deal with tornadoes than earthquakes, but that doesn't mean they're fun.

Eventually, when it was clear we were safe and also clear that I would be hungry soon, I made spaghetti sauce and boiled some spaghetti to go with it. [censored] and I ate it while watching exactly one too many episodes of Family Guy, which we watched only to kill time before the Iowa vs South Carolina game. The women's Final Four tickets are going for higher prices on the secondary markets than the men's Final Four, and it's easy to see why - this game was incredible and really fun to watch, and while I am never ever a Hawkeye fan (Cyclones ftw despite being named after tornadoes), I am delighted that they won this time.

And now, I need to go to bed so I can do a million tings tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: